is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.
"Architecture" can mean:
- A general term to describe buildings and other physical structures.
- The art and science of designing buildingsand (some) nonbuilding structures.
- The style of design and method of construction of buildings and other physical structures.
- The knowledge of art, science & technology and humanity.
- The practice of the architect, where architecture means offering or rendering professional services in connection with the design and construction of buildings, or built environments.